AWSI 2024 Core Wing Foiling preview
The video features an interview at the AWSI 2023 show, focusing on the 2024 gear. Steven Akkersdijk a professional kiteboarder loves winging
- Journey into Foiling and Winging:
- Core began its foil journey with the SLC kite foil.
- The foil has opened up new possibilities for many enthusiasts.
- Last year, Core released the Spectrum and Roamer series with the XC wing, designed as a universal set-up suitable for a broad range of users.
- New Products:
- The new “favorite series” is for advanced users and is built for high speeds. It includes wings of varying sizes and aspect ratios.
- There is also a new carbon mast lineup. The carbon masks have a tapered shape, which offers better speed and control, especially when encountering waves.
- About the Wings:
- The recently released “Halo” wing uses alula material which is lightweight and offers high stiffness.
- The boom of the Halo allows easy hand movement and better control.
- The wing has inflation points similar to Core kites, with a quick-deflation mechanism.
- The pressure in the wing can be adjusted. However, over-pumping may result in reduced wing movement.
- Comparison with the XC Wing:
- The XC was released last year and remains a favorite for many, including Stephen. It offers a balance between performance and ease of use.
More From This Category
With Dave…Tyburski! Facebook Comments Box
Brandon Scheid walks us through the gear. Facebook Comments Box
The best kitesurfing and wing foiling pump ever? It sure…
Brian Finch walks us through the 2024 Unifoil line. Facebook…